Kraj Draka by ZIMOLES

"Folk from the woods and mountains dedicated to the Bohemian traditions and ancient Czech lands."


- H. V.


Kraj Draka

by

Zimoles


At least we have the internet and various platforms like Instagram or Facebook. Without them, we would probably be better off in the first place (ironic, isn't it? When I'm posting it online like this), but at the same time, we would have greater difficulties discovering new musical gems. Because it was thanks to them that I got involved in this project. I really don't know if it was Instagram or Facebook, but that's not important. What matters is that I got into it, although it's been some time now.



But let's go step by step:



"Údolí propadlých vod"

Beginning. Do I hear water? The chirping of birds and the rustle of the wind are present. A pleasant ambient starts, full of natural sounds blending perfectly with the overall composition (kind of like Slovaks and racism). What do I hear? An old guitar and its pleasant tones combined with field recordings of the forest. Honestly, I don't know when I last heard something like this, if ever. It's enjoyable whether walking in the woods or just at home on the couch in the dark with closed eyes. Now and then, a whisper emerges, probably the author, shifting the atmosphere elsewhere. The development of the song and the story gradually accelerates and becomes more aggressive. One would expect some explosion or climax. And behold, we return to the peaceful end of the waters.


"Kořeny"

A pleasant and calm acoustic guitar complemented by the whisper of the wind. I have nothing more to add. It creates a pleasant atmosphere.


"Ve stínu"

Sounds of the feathered population of the forest alternate with gentle and at times lingering vocals. Slow guitar complements this harmony.


"Mé srdce je mrtvé"

I'd say it's a very pleasant conclusion to this piece. In short, I'd describe this as "entertaining anxiety." I nod in agreement.




The overall concept of the album impressed me. The song order went as it should, determining the tempo and atmosphere. The atmosphere of the entire album was outstanding, and I must admit I enjoyed it even on that mentioned couch.


This "review" won't be very comprehensive, but I don't mind. I'm writing it for myself, as a reference for the future (if there is some future). Want to have a reference to what to listen to, what to think about, etc. 


In any case, I recommend it wholeheartedly. It had a thought, an interesting sound, and personally, it captivated me. I listened to the whole thing at once.


Even though I wasn't in the mood for something like this, it pleasantly pleased and calmed me. I don't have anything more to say. 



First (public) record of Zimoles.
Dedicated to the magical land of dragon. Also known as Trutnov land.

All of its residents, wanderers, animals, woods and glades.

Spirits and entities of these lands.

And beloved A.


Released September 11, 2022



Popular posts from this blog

Pushing the Burden by PELLUCID CROPS

Anthroportrait by ONDREY ZINTAER